Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Deep End

What's the word that means smart and dumb simultaneously--seriously? Because I fell off the deep end and did just that, something that was dumb and brilliant all at the same time.

I got a new car. Sure, the economy blows right now, no one is guaranteed a job from one day to the next and so on--BUT WHAT A BEAUTY.

I traded in my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 (with all sorts of body damage)...her name was "Butchie" and she was my quasi-dream truck (quasi because she wasn't an extended cab and didn't have power windows for four wheel drive, lol) but I loved her nonetheless. I picked her because of her throaty rumble and how everytime I started the ignition the "musical" noise that escaped the dual pipes made me cream my pants to say the least. I got rid of her for a few reasons: 1. Everytime I looked at her I thought of my ex and got pissed because of all the body damage that could have been avoided had I just broke it off with her sooner and stayed broken up with her, lol. 2. Gas at one time was high as giraffe pussy and was killing me to keep her filled. I was averaging 89 bucks a week in fuel and thats if I strictly drove to work and back, no social outings... most of the time I'd have to fill up once and top off in the same week--OUCH. 3. She was wearing out quickly, poor girl.

I bought a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon because: 1. Hyundai has this thing right now where if you lose your job, they make your payment for 3 months and if after that you aren't back on your feet, you can turn the car back in without damaging your credit (there is a catch to that of course). 2. When I did my research she's the one that caught my eye (and they were able to hide my negative equity pretty well in him because of various rebates and discounts) 3. Kelley blue book estimated my truck to be worth between 3 and 4 grand because of its mileage (and that does not include the body damage that was over 3 grand worth to fix in itself)--I got 3500 for her, so I'm content with that. 4. She's my first NEW car (not just new to me but NEW new), he had 21 miles on her. 5. DUDE--automatic or manual (i'm going to stick with automatic), Satellite Radio, CD, Removable Faceplate and remote, and 18 presets for the tuner, lol... Better gas mileage, super cute car, V4 instead of V8 and just good stuff all around.

What's her name you ask? Well I say her, but she's really a gay man. (I think) Her name is JAZZ... why? Well Jen's son, lil man was so stoked when he saw my new car and he went on and on and on about how it looked like the transformer Jazz and even went as far as to call his Grandma in Colorado and tell her "Tommy got a new car and it has guns on the front..." lol... He thinks that my front lights look like guns, which I find amusing, but anyway. I think that Jazz has stuck and is completely appropriate for her to be named.

Good times and very exciting... only downside is that my license plate no longer fits... you see it says AGYNA, but its on a UVA plate with a Big orange V in front so my plate spells VAGYNA, lol...worked on my pick up, not so much on Jazz.

No comments: