Friday, May 1, 2009

Jobbity job job

So I hadn't blogged about it yet but it occurred to me the other day that I dont hate my job...as much as I may bitch about things sometiems, I don't hate it. As a matter of fact I really love it. Granted I don't love it as much as I did in the beginning, the dynamics have changed a bit, but its still super (just different).

Let's look at the pros shall we: a job that doesn't take away from my school work and I'm gaining experience in an industry that I'd like to continue in; my boss is fabulous (who doesn't like having someone who you can talk to about practically anything and still know that she'll put you in check if you're fucking up or lacking in any area); I like that I've had my eyes opened to so much when it comes to "people management"--I mimic a lot of her management style, but still put a "tommy twist" on it to make it work for me...I dunno it just works.

If I'm having a bad day I can go talk shit with my contractors and help unload a truck or something...it's good stuff.

I can safely say that I've gone through plenty of cyncial phases where I hate my job, or I hate the shit that goes on there or whatever, but what it boils down to is I'm still really lucky in the work world. I just hope that I'll be able to make my car payment here in a couple of weeks, lol.

No comments: