Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Weird.

I decided to do something nice and call grandma... yes, the grandma whose house I just moved out of and the same grandma whom I have not spoken to since Saturday.  I called her on my lunch break and talked to her for 13 minutes and 11 seconds.  Time which she used to tell me about vacation bible school and how she didn't realize she was 80 now until she tried to keep up with 4, 5, and 6 year olds... she told me about some friends of hers that died and how she tried to not call me because she figured I was busy.

She's cute.  I explained that she could call whenever she wanted to and that if I was working or busy I'd return her voicemail (this lady has NEVER not left a voicemail.) I kind of feel like this act was my good deed for the day.  I mean hell, it made her day... I guess I take for granted the little things that can occur and the emotions that can be experienced just with a simple phone call.  It's a shame I hate phones so bad.

The other good deed I did was requesting time off for my brothers wedding on 9/11 of this year.  Okay, how is this a good deed you ask? Well for starters, who the hell gets married on 9/11... i mean hello that day in my mind will always be associated with disaster, but eh... not important.  It's a good deed because I'm totally not feeling the whole situation.  I don't care for her as a person, I don't like who my brother has become... but in short, I'm being selfish and it's not about me.  I wasn't down for my sisters wedding either, to the point that I refused to be her maid of honor... I guess I'm an awful selfish person... I'm trying to be better, but damn if it's happening overnight.

No comments: