Friday, July 23, 2010

A soldier's homecoming

I'm keeping this short but felt it important to share my excitement in what I'm about to reveal... MY DAD IS BACK.  After a year in Kosovo... our soldier has returned.  He flew into Norfolk last night (early no less, so Jen and I were the only ones there to greet him for a few minutes)... It's seems surreal that he was gone that long.  But nonetheless he is back and I'm excited.  My dad the Blackhawk helicopter maintenance test pilot... my hero.  On the not so up side... the word on the street is that he'll be home for maybe 6 months before heading to Iraq. :( (I copied this pics from my mom's facebook page (though I took them...and they got really distorted when I tried to enlarge them, but hey... you'll just have to make due.)

Kissey Face
Mom and Dad
Dad met his granddaughter Charley (now 10 mo. old) for the first time
Banner mom had made for the front porch
and of course the BEAUTIFUL Jen and myself (I picked her up from work to meet dad at the airport, then dropped her back off...she had a late work night planned) I just can't help but love her.

1 comment:

vixen kitten said...

Welcome Home, Dad!!

Thank you for your service! We love you and appreciate all you give, and the sacrifices you and your family make on our behalf.

xoxo
~vk~