Friday, December 18, 2009

The gig

I got the job. I should be more excited than I am (but I am as excited as I can be with everything else going on in my head these days...that's a whole other story)... I didn't think I had done well with the second interview... I met alone with the CEO, a very serious hard to read cat... I left out of there an hour later not sure of anything and most concerned with my response to his questions concerning the amount of "movement" I've had over the last five years of employment.  This company wants long term folks... I explained that I hadn't found the right fit yet.  I said that with my current job I thought I had but it turned out to be (and used the following example): It's like finding the perfect pair of shoes.  The ones you've always wanted, right price, right size, right everything...you try on the the right shoe and BAM... wooohoo... all is great.  You get them home and get dressed to go out for the night...your right shoe goes on without any snags, your left shoe however is a smidgen too tight... that's where I'm at. 

I got the call yesterday from the recruiter/head hunter and she said she had good news, they wanted to verify my address for the offer letter :) Okay...things were looking up, but nothing official.  Today I got a call from the recruiter and she said she emailed me the offer letter.  I checked it and then the real excitement came.  A consistent, exempt salary permanent employee paycheck every two weeks, lol...it boils down to an increase of pay in the neighborhood of seven grand SCORE...but not only that...this company pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, etc etc and then match 401K at 6% after a year employment.

It feels good to get a job because of hard work and not because of someone you know or whatever...I'm excited.  I kept my boss in the loop the whole way and she may have my replacement in here as soon as Tuesday... I start at the new place on December 28th :)

7 comments:

Queen of Ruckus said...

AHHHHH!!!!....HELL YEAH!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, TOMMY!!!!!!!
WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Girl, I knew you would get it! This is exciting! Yea!!!!! Three cheers for you, girl!A new job = more peace of mind, more opportunities to grow...and...less stress! yea!!!! Congrats, again!!!! :)

vixen kitten said...

Congratulations, Sugar!! I knew they'd love you. I mean, what's NOT to love about you.

More money, rocks! I am really so happy for you.

xoxo
~vk~

[[aisling]] said...

Well done! I hope the left shoe fits :P

I never said thank you for your kind words after my friend died - thank you. They meant a lot :]

x

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Hey- I left a comment yesterday. Where did it go?

Yeah, Tommy!!! That's wonderful news. I just knew you were gonna get that job. Now give yourself a break and enjoy your success lady!!

Anonymous said...

ALRIGHT! Congrats on the new job. Everything sounds great with it, I hope you can find professional happiness at this place.

GOOD JOB KIDDO!

Helen McGinn said...

I know you are enjoying it but Tommy, congratulations again. I'm so pleased for you.

Happy New Year to you and Jen and all your family. xxx

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the new job but what have they done to you? Have you been beamed up to another planet? Have you been kidnapped and are now inside the hull of a pirate's ship? Has the cold snapped off all of your fingers?

Where are you for fck's sakes?