Tuesday, December 8, 2009

interview

I went to my interview on Monday afternoon and I'm officially in love with this company.  Their warehouse (the one that I saw anyway... the other is in Holland in the Netherlands) has sky lights which means I wouldn't feel like I'm working in a cage.  They are a company that still pays for their employees benefits completely (medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, etc) they match 401k at 6%...but even more fabulous than that is the near requirement that the employees make suggestions in how to improve the operation.... they emphasize the need for thinking outside the box... the welcomed suggestions won me over.

The interview lasted about an hour and a half and was the most comfortable I've ever felt in an interview.  They seemed impressed with me.  I hope that's the case.  They are trying to fill a vacancy for shipping/receiving supervisor and an inventory control supervisor.  Seems like they were leaning toward the inventory control supervisor for me...time will tell.

I'm supposed to know if I'm being considered and making it to the next round either tomorrow or Thursday.  Keep your fingers crossed and send positive energy my way... if it worked for Jude, maybe it'll work for me :)

I'll keep everyone posted...for now I'm going to get ready for bed...it's chilly out here and I want to snuggle up in the covers.  It's a shame Jen isn't here...she's a great cuddler and a freakin' heating blanket... I've never met someone who puts off so much heat...

2 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Yeahhhhh, I'm so excited for you!

Sending good, positive, happy thoughts your way.

Don't whine about being "chilly" to me. I'm in the middle of a fucking blizzard right now. Cuddle up with Pepper and be glad you're not here in snow hell with us.;)

Helen McGinn said...

Karma, bundled up and thrown in your direction, hon. The very BEST of luck!! Helen xx