Monday, October 22, 2012

new book

OMG!!!!

I found a new book that I'm in love with and an author that I may become obsessed with...we'll see once I read another one of her books, lol. 

I read Waking Up Gray by R. E. Bradshaw and it was phenomenal. 

You see, what had happened was: I was down at the beach at my parents house (because they are officially retired now and living in Salvo, NC on Hatteras Island, NC--my favorite place in the entire world) and I decided to find a couple of new books to download to my kindle app on the Ipad while down there and using their wifi since I don't have internet in the country...

I think I may have searched under lighthouses or something, can't remember but I'm glad i came across it because this book was incredible.  It takes place on Ocracoke Island, NC (which is the island down past Hatteras that you have to take the ferry to get to that I go to occassionally, but only on day trips...) and this forty year old woman goes down for a few month sabatical to finish her thesis, but gets distracted by her neighbor... that just so happens to be an attractive lesbian...

Amazon's description is much better:

Can you start your life over at forty? Lizbeth Jackson was about to find out. She found her first gray hair on the morning of her trip to Ocracoke Island, off the coast of North Carolina. Lizbeth was about to begin a three month sabbatical, on the scenic coastal island, in order to finish her Master's thesis in Linguistic Anthropology. She plans to study the Carolina Brogue spoken there. What she ends up studying is her lesbian neighbor across the street and the uncontrollable pull Lizbeth feels toward her. Lizbeth Jackson is about to find out what life has to offer, after waking up gray.

Let's just say that it kept my OCD anal ass on the couch from start to finish reading it...dishes piled up, laundry didn't get done, I didn't care...I just wanted to read this book...I just really liked it.  Check it out.  She has several other books, I've got to do a little research to figure out what order to read them in...

No comments: