Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A trip to follow Thanksgiving

So I get to take a trip the week after Thanksgiving which is exciting even though it's for work.  Since I run a manufacturing plan with only a few people...we get a little wiggle room as to when we want to take our holidays where Corporate doesnt because there are more people there.

For example: Thanksgiving is a paid holiday for the Thursday of, as well as the Friday following... two paid 8 hour days.  Well we work 10 hour days so we have to use 4 hours of personal time to get full checks (my guys do, not me because I'm salary, but you get the point)... our work week would normally be Monday through Thursday ten hour days.  We would usually work Monday and Tuesday be off Wednesday and Thursday for the holiday since we are off on Friday and Thursday is the holiday anyway...

(confused yet?) Well we decided as a group to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, be off Thursday for the holiday, be off our normal 3 day weekend and then be off Monday for the holiday--sweet right.

Well then I'm going to get on a plane from Norfolk and fly into Jacksonville, Fl where corporate is on Tuesday, sightsee a few hours, crash--go into the office for 8 hours for training on Wednesday, sightsee some more, crash, go into the office a half a day on Thursday, sightsee a little bit more... go back to the airport and fly back to Norfolk on Thursday evening, drive home and then start my three day weekend... such a rough couple of weeks that will be, lol. 

But here's the exciting part.  The executive assistant to the CEO told me what the closest hotel to the office was and a room there was like 140 bucks which is just absurd in my opinion even if it is on the company's dime.  So I went to hotwire and booked a room at: A Golf Resort with water views for $88 a night! Holler.

It's a 20 minute drive to the office, but considering I had to get a rental car anyway... no biggie--got one of those for like twenty bucks a day... OH YEAH! and my flight cost less than 250 bucks round trip... the company should soooooo thank for me for the money I'm saving them for this trip with like an extra night there just for fun like in the Summer time when I can really enjoy the water in Florida, lol. 

Sorry, I'm easily amused, can't help it.  I've already scoped out a local lighthouse to potentially visit...some sites for great photos and just some stuff to do to make the most of my visit... it's going to good stuff!!!

No comments: