Monday, June 4, 2012

Day one: New job

Okay, let me just say that I may have finally found my "dream" job.  I am the new Site Manager (the title is still up in the air because some want me called office manager because I'll manage HR, do all the office stuff, but in addition, I also manage safety, plan production, etc... so site manager is what they are considering...but that doesn't matter...they are just words

I have a cell phone (an iphone that used to be the guy I replaced), a laptop, a brand new laptop bag/briefcase to keep all my crap together, several company shirts, the master key, a key to the company truck for running errands, and was added to the account they have with a vendor so that I can make purchases and bill it to the company.

I feel like such a grown up.  It's a new industry for me... I left the world of flower bulbs and have entered one that revolves around fireplaces (sort of)... But I can learn it and I can rock it... I have about ten guys working for me and I'm the only female on site, but hey, that's cool too...

I'm super excited, there is a company outing already planned which I'll be a part of later this month and it just seems like I've finally found my place.

Sure, it's day one and plenty can go wrong... I'm sure that in a few months I'll be bitching about something that pisses me off about the place or the people, or a broken machine... but hey... I don't care.  I'm working FINALLY (six months unemployed sucked on soooo many levels) and I'm doing something that is what I've wanted to do for a while now...  HOLLA!

No comments: