Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Income, or the lack thereof

The guy from corporate visited Jen yesterday afternoon, took her keys, told her to grab a few of her things if she had anything there and told her she was suspended. She called me on her way home.  This was about two o'clock or so. She was pretty upset, which was to be expected, considering this was nearly a month after the initial crap went down with her employees "bucking" on her.

It was after 5:30 when her boss called her to "end their working relationship"... After 13 years with her company and now she has no job. Part of me wants to be positive and hopeful because I honestly DO believe that everything happens for a reason and that there IS something much better out there for her...BETTER hours... somewhere that she won't be working until 3 and 4 in the morning and have unreliable staff and no one that supports her or backs her up because they aren't paid crap ya know... however, there IS still that part of me that is freaking a little bit.

Granted I'm not lying when I'm hugging Jen and telling her I feel like everything we'll be fine, that we'll be fine... I mean hell, on the plus side we decided to NOT renew our lease so we don't have a rent payment due on the first... we're moving to my mom's til we figure out what's up... so at least there's that silver lining for now.

I know there are great things in our future...we just have to be patient enough and stay afloat long enough to get there... and I'm crossing my fingers that nothing crazy happens at my job until then... OH YEAH!!! I haven't even mentioned that in the land of blogger... my company was bought out and we have like no answers.... lol.

The company that bought it hasn't even seen our facility...it was an asset buy which includes the employees, but also means they can pick and chose which assets they want. Our CEO is implying that we should be okay until at least the end of our Holiday Season which is right around Thanksgiving (when our product is in stores...) but in reality, the new company, previously, our competition, has a bigger facility in NJ, so they could easily keep someone to oversee operations in their facility and wipe us all out all together... it's too soon to say and no one is saying shit.  All I know is that I'm inventory control supervisor and I haven't been allowed to do any adjustments in the system since this announcement was made (obviously because it affects the accounting side of things as well) and we are supposed to do a physical inventory... were supposed to do one between April and Now and still havent and our season is supposed to start Mid July and they still haven't given me a date as to when we are going to do this...?!?!?!?!!? I dunno... just weird.  Hey man, just keep the paychecks coming as long as you can you know...

So much unknown, so much unclear.... I just hope the other opportunity in my life actually allows itself to manifest into something greater....it would mean great things not just for me, but my family, and many many other people. My fingers are crossed and many prayers are being said. This morning I woke up and before I my feet hit the floor I said a prayer (I won't say to who or what because I consider myself more spiritual than religious)...

But I will say that I have started going to "church" more... I found a Unitarian Universalist Church to go to...The premise behind them basically is that you can believe whatever you want and they are respectful of everyone's religious views, even if they themselves don't believe them... it's hard to explain... but anyway, you can always google it... but the point is even little man likes it... we've only really been twice in a month because it fell over memorial day and then hurricane like weather that I wasn't going to drive in....

So this past Sunday... I had plans of going... Church starts at 11 (mind you its laid back, no crosses, hanging Jesuses or religious figurines or paraphenailia at all very neutral and you can wear cargo shorts or jeans and gays are welcome because ALL are welcome... so hello... that's what caught my attention and they are big on saving the environment, I dunno there's a lot of stuff I don't know yet, and I'm not trying to convert anyone, because I'm not even a UU...I've just been a couple of times...I'm just excited because after 11 years of not going to church because I wasn't welcome because i was gay, or I was tattooed, or I had pink hair, or my gf at the time looked like a man, or so on.... I gave up.. now... none of that matters, and I can have a spiritual experience rather than a religious one and deal with all the political bs... ) but I digress...

So anyway church (the sermon part) was to start at 11... I had the alarm set for 8:30... lil man (who was really disappointed we didn't drive thru the hurricane like rain to go the week before) woke me up at 6:30 to ensure that we were going to church... I assured him we were going and told him to go back to bed (mind you, pepper wasn't even ready to get up and go pee... she even knew it was the weekend and to sleep in...)... 15 minutes later he woke me up to see if it was okay to wear the t-shirt he was holding... yes dude, that shirt is fine, GO TO BED...15 minutes later, "are you sure we are still going?" DUDE!!! SERIOUSLY... I'M GLAD YOU ARE SUPER EXCITED TO GO TO CHURCH.... I NEVER WANTED TO GO TO CHURCH WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE, BUT YOU'VE GOT TO CHILL OUT... GO WATCH SOME CARTOONS OR SOMETHING, LET ME SLEEP A LITTLE BIT LONGER OKAY... PLLLLLEEEEEEASSSSSE!!!!  This continued every 15 minutes until 8 o'clock until he decided to go to his mom's side of the bed and ask her to fix him a bowl of cereal, which I still heard, so I just flung the covers back, went into the kitchen, fixed, took pepper out, came back in laid back down for a few, assured lil man that I would not oversleep (hence didn't really sleep) got up, dressed, sat on the couch with my eyes burning because mind you Jen worked late the night before and I stayed up late with her... and wishing someone would just shoot me at this point... but hell... I had a kid who wanted to go to church... I couldn't be but soooo pissy, you know...

All this stuff is happening... my mom is out of the country in Augsburg, Germany with my grandmother, visiting my Great Grandmother who still lives there (they are all from there)... they aren't supposed to come back until the end of the month so the only communication I have is either facebook or email... not really enough sometimes... you know... then my mom will fly back, just to turn around and drive to FL with my dad and aunt for some reunion with high school folks from Augsburg, Germany that now actually live in the US (guess they were all military kids or something, so I get to dogsit through the fourth of July, not like it will matter since I'll be living there anyway, lol...

I got a little long winded here, but the point was supposed to be that no matter whats going in my life right now, I'm quite lucky to have an amazing woman in my life, a little dude to share with her... a great family to fall back on... a dog that I love... opportunities, even if unforseen at the moment... everything happens for a reason... and in the long run, I really do believe that shit will work itself out and we will be okay ;)

Okay, I feel better now.

No comments: