Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not quite what I imagined

I always imagined hitting my 300th blog to feel really accomplished and fantastic.  I remember hitting that 100 mark and thinking, wow...that happened fast...maybe too fast... then came 200 and I debated doing something phenomenal to mark the occasion, but again opted against it--probably because it wasn't uncommon for me to blog my ass off on the regular.

Jen introduced me to blogger.  Before that I had blogged via myspace, but was limited as to what I felt like I could say because "my friends could read it at anytime" and well my "friends" were not necessarily real friends (often coworkers, people from past lives, whatever... and often times the subjects that I wanted to bitch about in the first place)... I ditched the myspace scene for this very reason... That's how Jen found me (as I've mentioned before)... and I just didn't feel the need to keep myself out there for potential drama...or to sound conceited a potential admirer.... haha. (as if)

It was a friend of Jen's that had introduced her to blogger and I'm glad.  I recall being so butt hurt in the beginning...even though I was blogging just to vent and find an outlet, I secretly wanted people to read my stuff and find it interesting or helpful, or funny, or as their own outlet... I longed for someone to sit on their side of the world and think, "man, I can relate to that..." or "what the hell...that's some funny shit, hard to believe, but funny..."

Jen was rather supportive and kept nudging me in a positive fashion to write whatever I was feeling.  She assured me that I would eventually get a following.  She was right.  I went through a phase where I wanted to spend all of my free time blogging...sharing, opening up and publicizing my life... it didn't matter who was reading it... it was therapeutic... Well... things shifted in my life.

Jen was still a happy constant (when I didn't spend my time taking shit out on her that wasn't her fault at all)... She's put up with a lot of my bullshit to say the least.  But I digress.  I got on a health kick and made every effort I could to lose weight.  I shared my successes and bitched about my shortcomings... all while slowly giving up on myself and ultimately quitting weight watchers (this week officially) because of a hectic work schedule and not being able to make it to meetings.  But despite that, I hadn't been counting points for some time...I was regressing and back tracking and even now see the potential of climbing all the way back up to 273 pounds where I started (not all that long ago I might add)... I'm trying to join a gym.  It's one of those 24 hour ones (and with my new schedule is a good thing)...the downside is that their staffed hours fall during times while I'm at work...I can't sign up without a staff member because I need to pay obviously AND get my after hours key card so that I have access to the gym at all times. 

The gym is right across the street from Jen's place and is off the exit I have to pass in order to get home from work or to work...so I'll have no excuse to not work out... I need another outlet... I'm kind of all over the place these days and not in a good way.  I figure taking some of my frustrations out on a elliptical or some type of weights... sounds good anyway.

I finally called one of my student loans after getting a late notice ( I'm 18 days behind on two of them now)... I put one in forebearance, need to call the other one, tell another one that I'm not in school anymore... wait for the grace period to end on the other one (my plan is to consolidate them all)--I got a print out from a third party company or government thing...I dunno...but I owe right under 48 grand.  RIDICULOUS.  I got a phone call from one of the recruiters for Norwich University.  It's a school in Vermont that offers a distance learning MBA program that I would love to do... I'd start in March and would do a one week on campus thing in June of 2011 with the graduation ceremony at the end of the week and would officially be done with the program in August 2011.... But I dont know that I can afford it or not or that I'd be able to really hold down a full time school schedule knowing that there will be three busy seasons before June 2011... the application deadline is tomorrow... I dunno.

Most recently in Tommy world has been my joining facebook.  I could give a crap about facebook itself, but I did get addicted to Farmville.  Then I got Jen addicted to Farmville...she left me in the dust level wise and I lost some interest in it... funny how that works huh... I didn't have internet access for lil over a week, so Jen managed my farm and harvested things for me :) She hated logging in to fertilize my crops and seeing things wilted and dead... I'd much rather get re-addicted to blogging.  I miss reading other folks stuff and i miss writing (writing about things that matter to me or that mean nothing at all...it's all therapeutic)...

I think had I blogged about my frustrations with my new job then my crying at work would have been prevented.  I've worked there for three weeks now.  It was great because my first week I had a long weekend...had New Years Eve and Day off... Made it through that whole following week, a little frustrated and wondering how the hell I was supposed to do all the things that wanted me to when I'm only one person... well it was this previous week, Monday or Tuesday i guess that I finally lost it.  I was upstairs in the Warehouse Managers office and was talking to him about a few things that I thought should be done different to prevent a great deal of the chaos that is being experienced right now.  Trucks come in and product is offloaded.  When I say product, I mean client specific pallets stacked with fifty collapsable crates filled with prepacked bulbs...( ie. begonias, peonies, dahlias, lilies, cannas, callas, etc for Home Depot, Lowes, Roses, Fred Myer etc)... there is more stuff done in house as well...but I digress... well these pallets are recieved in and then put away in the racks.  The racks are my domain.  The problem is that the shipping supervisor was on his way out three days following my and the new shipping supervisors arrival.  The new guy didn't learn things that he should have so the receipt process got fucked for a lack of better words.  Rather than putting the correct locations in the system he used a generic location which equals (anywhere in the fucking warehouse)--that narrows it down.  I spend all my fucking time looking for shit that should be there and isn't...

It's frustrating as hell.  I have to have the inventory pulled so that production can put it on the correct racks and then those racks are shipped out to whatever customer they go to... well this coming week Lowes ships out on Monday...then there are 1400 racks of another company going out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (and nothing has been pulled from inventory for this order yet) since I'm still waiting on the people up front to print the job for it so i know what to actually pull...I dunno... this all must sound dull and may not even make sense...but I had had it earlier this past week.  I really was finding it difficult to get out of bed and head to work where I knew I'd spend my day feeling like I was getting raped up the ass.  I can think of more things to do... for sure.

I'm looking foward to mid February when things slow down dramatically and then come march the slow season comes into play...that will last into July... 4 day work weeks and just straight chillin.  I'll have time to implement new processes and prevent more ass raping in future busy seasons....

Right now my feet are killing me.  My plantar fasciitis is RIDICULOUS.  when I walk now, I feel a popping... its like the tendon in the bottom of my foot is tearing.  I ordered some arch braces to help with the pain.  I don't know how I'll actually work out at any gym right now when by the end of the day I can hardly walk... I'll figure it out.  Tomorrow is a new day and I'll be fine.  Things will be where they should be and be smooth sailing... for now... it's late, I need to sleep.  I'm not even going to replant my farmville crops...I'm done.

3 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Welcome back Tommy.
I'm proud of you for handling all the shit as well as you are. You definitely have a lot on your plate, but I think you may be able to kick ass and get it straightened up. Unfortunately it all takes time. (Sorry I'm disgustingly mellow and positive right now.)
BTW, call the gym you're intersted in joining and let then know. Many places will make an appointment to meet with a manager when it's more convenient for your schedule. They will do anything to get your money.:) Chin up lady!

Queen of Ruckus said...

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy... nice to have you back. :) You do sound stressed out but remember that you come first, above all else. You can't let your foot get worse! Try to get that taken care of, yeah? :)

As for the gym; Mel is right. Call up the one you like, and they will work with you. Just try it.

I know that it's tough right now to try to keep up with everything but you'll do it! How do I know? Because you're Tommy, that's why! :)

I'll be rooting for ya!

Anonymous said...

There's my Tommy!

Work shit can be horrible when inventory is screwed up. As soon as you can get a handle on that piece and make sure everyone in receiving and shipping are following the correct procedures, your life will get better. Can you get some help from inventory control??

Farmville, I won't even go there no matter how many times I get a request to join. I don't care about a virtual farm, I know a lot of people are into it. It would just be an eater of time for me.

When I had PF, I found TEVA shoes were very helpful with support esp. when I was walking out in the warehouse. But then again I stayed within the lines and didn't need steel toed either.

Hang in there kiddo and lighten up on yourself. hugs