Friday, October 1, 2010

the waiting game

I'm waiting.

I sit patiently with an abnormal addition, a vodka/light hawaiian punch... I'm waiting for jen to get off of work. I'm craving her. I want to lick her and love her, pin her down and just engulf her.. I want to absorb her, soak her up into every ounce of my being.

The only thing abnormal about this is the vodka chilling in my glass.  Vodka inspired by fear, by collapse, by defeat. Inspired by yet another mishap.  I don't understand it.

Today was such a great day overall. I got home by 5 o'clock... had some me time, unwound a lil bit, took a hot bath... then my phone beeped with a text message. It was my boss and it was after 6, this made no sense.  As I opened the phone to read the text I prayed for a text saying that there was no work tomorrow after all.  NOT THE CASE.  The text said and I quote:

"Unbelievable story just wanted to share. Got a call from O who got a call from T who got a call from S n L. They were went 1 pallet of the wrong trays again.????????"

Yeah, remember the last blog I wrote, the one about sending the wrong items on the transfer order.  Well apparently by some freak act of nature and warehousing in general, we sent a pallet of the wrong stuff TWO TIMES, not just once now. By we, I mean me.  Now I'm enjoying some vodka and waiting for Jen to get home... in hopes of doing deviant things to her and trying like HELL to not think about the fact that I don't know how long I'll still have a job. I'm freaking out.

Fuck me in the ass sideways... (NOT LITERALLY).  I'm scared.

1 comment:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

The anticipation adds so much to the experience. A and I text each other all through the day...it's more like foreplay and we're already in the zone when we walk in the door.

Enjoy your lover tonight and hope you feel better.