Sunday, May 5, 2013

Apparently 30 is the new 93

Lil man had artwork that was selected for the Isle of Wight County Public Schools art show.  It started at five on Thursday and we were a little ahead of schedule--since we just so happened to be the same town as my two favorite thrift stores we decided to check one out and then head to the school.

While we were in the thrift store lil man was talking nonstop about anything and everything and he wandered off for a few minutes.  He came back and said, "Hey Tommy, they have the move The Mask over there, you know the guy with the green face..." he got distracted by something for a second and found himself back on the subject... "They are on those old kind of movies, you know the ones from back in the olden days when you were younger."

I paused a second and said "First off, they are called VHS tapes and second off, you make it sound like I'm 93 years old." He had a seriously puzzled look on his face when he said but you were around when they came out with those right...it's like when tv was in black and white like in the 17s, 18s, and 19s."

Skrrrrrrt, pump the brakes kid! Tv didn't come around until the 19s not too terribly long ago.... and how old do you think I am? "I dunno, just really old," He told me with the most serious of faces... "How old are you?"

"Dude, I will be 32 at the end of this month. I wasn't born until 1981 so quit making it sound like I'm 93...I'm not that old."

With that I heard a "Hmmmph" we paid for our finds and headed to the art show... I met his art teacher and saw his awesome castle complete with jumping alligators in it's moat... I figured it was going to be a drawing or painting or something---it was wayyyy more awesome than that.

No comments: