Thursday, May 24, 2012

So...this is what 31 feels like...

Yep, it's my birthday.  31 years ago today I was born...yay, lmao.  So in reality its just another day...I've never been big on birthdays (probably stemming from the fact that I had to share a party every single year of my life with my sister, who was born five days short of a year after me and who stays the same age as me for 5 days)... Yep she's a May 19 chick, a Taurus, which makes complete and total sense with her whole bullheaded demeanor...but gotta love her... and the year prior on May 24th I was born... a gemini, which is more scary than you even realize.  I've never been huge into astrology and signs and what not, but if you read the "profile" of a gemini, dude, it's sooooo many its ridiculous.  I tried to convince everyone for a while that I wasn't bipolar, but actually just a gemini, hahah... that only worked for a short period of time before someone had to intervene, ha.

I can say that there are a lot of things that I thought would be different by the time I got here.  Not even referring to when I was 18 trying to picture myself as 31... I'm talking just over the last year.  I didn't expect to actually live with my parents for an entire year like I have... I didn't expect to be out of work an entire 6 months like I was... I dunno, I pictured a house, a steady job, maybe even a trade in on my Tiburon with something a little more "sensible" with four doors and what not.  I mean when I got it, lil man was only like 5 so he thought it was cool that i had a car that looked like Jazz from transformers...now it just kills me to have to watch him climb in the back crammed in like an anchovie, but hey, he makes the most of it. 

Even with the things that I thought would be different, I have to admit there have still been some pretty awesome things happen.  Some as crazy as my car insurance dropping to like 87 bucks a month (where at my highest, in my early 20s we were talking closer to 400 bucks a month...) I think that's one of the signs that you are a grown up... well that and the fact that my Lane Bryant credit card just sent me a letter letting me know that they increased my credit limit and it didn't spark an immediate need for a shopping spree, lmao.

I need to request a new birth certificate from the state of North Carolina because the one I have (the orginal) is just a little white retangle piece of paper and apparently isnt considered official or legit.  If I'm going to eventually file for a marriage license, I'm going to need that.

I dunno... I do want to share with you the coolest birthday present ever:


My mom and dad bought them for me.  It's a gift that says, we love you, we support you, but you're 31 for pete's sake, move the fuck out.

Lmao... In reality I was going to buy them for myself because they just made me happy!!! My mom was like you don't need a suitcase, I was like mom, no I NEED these suitcases, lmao.  They just make me so happy how bright and colorful and super gay they are.  LOVE IT.

So that's what mom/dad opted to do for me for my birthday rather than their original idea whatever that was.

My sister and niece are coming in this weekend and I think she's bringing her fiance... he's a cool dude as I've mentioned before.... but most of all I'm looking forward to seeing Charley, my niece...she's 2 and a half now... and so big and talking up a storm and she just makes me crack up.  Anyway, I'm sure that I'll be motivated here before too long to share some pictures of her... I bought her a rainbow striped bathing suit yesterday for 2 bucks, brand new at the thrift store... I figured, hell for 2 bucks even if she only wears it once to amuse me then it's worth it... (her mom probably won't have her rocking it when they get home because it's a bikini and she's anti those... it's not one thats like an 18 yr olds but made for a 2 year old, it's a legit age appropriate bikini, but I digress.

For now, I need a nap. Maybe I can get away with that since it's my birthday and all.

No comments: